We have put together some useful items to start off your puppy training plan. The starter pack includes the following items:
- Dummy carry bag
- Puppy dummy
- Gundog slip lead, 8mm thick, 1.5m long.
- 10 metre long Blaze Orange training lead.
- Acme 210.5 or 211.5 Whistle (Please select).
- Whistle lanyard
- Please note that the colour of the puppy dummy, slip lead and whistle may vary from those shown in the pictures. PUPPIES AND MUM ARE NOT INCLUDED.
Individually, these items would total more than $130, so this starter pack represents good value and a discount of more than 25%.
We also have an Intermediate dog training pack, which includes a wider range of training products. Please see this link to the Gundog Training Pack.
Some tips to train your dog with the Acme dog whistle:
* Use the dog whistle with varying sequences to train your dog. For example, one long burst can mean 'sit or Hup,' while a series of short, staccato bursts might mean 'come in to me,' or to turn when the dog is quartering in front of you.
* Keep your whistle commands consistent and your dog will always know what you expect of him.
* The dog's behavior can be trained according to your instructions.
For example, at meal time, blow one long blast on the whistle and say sit/Hup before they get the food. This will let the dog know, they have to listen to a command. It will only take a few times of doing this and your dog will react quickly. When you are out in the field, the dog will know to sit when the whistle is blown once.
When doing this for the first time, you can reward the dog with a small treat when they react correctly to the command. After a little while of doing this, they will then react without the need for a reward.
PLEASE NOTE: The smaller Green Bag in the first few images has now been replaced with the larger Grey/Brown Bag in the final images which fits in lots more training gear for when your puppy gets bigger and you build on its training equipment.
The bag can also be purchased as a seperate item with this link:
Have fun with your training.