We have put together some fun items to work on your gundog training plan. This pack includes the following items:
- Training/ Game bag
- Floatable Dokken canvas dummy
- Gundog slip lead, 8mm thick, 1.5m long
- 10 metre long Blaze Orange training lead
- Acme 210.5 or 211.5 Whistle (Please select).
- Whistle lanyard
- Avery floatable 2" plastic hexa-bumper.
- Floatable Avery Greenwing Teal.
- Please note that the colour of the canvas dummy, slip lead, whistle and hexa-bumper may vary from those shown in the pictures. PUPPIES AND MUM ARE NOT INCLUDED IN THE PACK.
Individually, these items would total more than $200, so this training pack is a great value and represents a discount of more than 20%. A puppy starter pack is also available; please see the link to the Puppy Starter Pack.
Training Bag may vary slightly in design dependent on stock but will be same value and colour.
Some tips to train your dog with the Acme dog whistle:
* Use the dog whistle with varying sequences to train your dog. For example, one long burst can mean 'sit or Hup,' while a series of short, staccato bursts might mean 'come in to me,' or to turn when the dog is quartering in front of you.
* Keep your whistle commands consistent and your dog will always know what you expect of him.
* The dog's behavior can be trained according to your instructions.
For example, at meal time, blow one long blast on the whistle and say sit/Hup before they get the food. This will let the dog know, they have to listen to a command. It will only take a few times of doing this and your dog will react quickly. When you are out in the field, the dog will know to sit when the whistle is blown once.
When doing this for the first time, you can reward the dog with a small treat when they react correctly to the command. After a little while of doing this, they will then react without the need for a reward.
Have fun with your training.